Hello I'm learning Japanese since the beginning of the school-year and for my homework I have to describe what I do in general everyday.

I'd like to translate:

Then I do my homework if I have some.

I have the beginning:

それから しゅくたい を します "if I have some".

I only know the hiragana and katakana, I'm not supposed to use Kanji, can you help me please?

• Your teacher may not want you to use things not covered in class but if you want more, have a look at conditionals (you can do a search on this very site about this topic). – 永劫回帰 Nov 29 '16 at 20:31
  • @永劫回帰 très bien, je pensais qu'il y avait déjà une expression toute faite pour le dire. Ma prof n'a rien contre les initiatives si on en abuse pas et si on les utilise à bon escient. Dans ce cas je vais aller faire un petit tour du côté du conditionnel. – Hexacoordinate-C Nov 29 '16 at 20:43
  • Even if I happen to understand French you should only use English or Japanese for the sake of other users. I don't know how far you went in your curriculum but conditionals might be considered a "big jump" (it is not covered (well there are some references to it but they are hidden) in Minna no nihongo I for example) – 永劫回帰 Nov 29 '16 at 20:53
  • We both are French (at least native speaker) well. I have Minna no nihongo but this is hard for me to work on this kind of subject alone. – Hexacoordinate-C Nov 29 '16 at 21:09
    You can also have a look at this: guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar or at imabi.net (and if you prefer French there is also ici-japon.com but I don't recommend it so much) – 永劫回帰 Nov 29 '16 at 21:20

Most naturally, one would say:

「それから、しゅくだいがあればしゅくだいをします。」 or

「それから、しゅくだいがあればそれをします。」 or

「それから、しゅくだいがあればします。」

You will hear all three from native speakers. How it is taught outside of Japan or in Japanese-as-a-foreign-language in general, I have no idea.

The repeating of 「しゅくだい」 in the first sentence is not a typo. In Japanese, it is completely fine to repeat words like that in informal speech.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.