Very quick question. What do you call the small hiragana written above kanji to show their pronunciation?


Those are called 振り仮名 ふりがな (furi-gana)

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.