I recently ran into this term, which is apparently a hairstyle (Google has some images if you need). Does anyone know:

  1. How it is meant to be Romanized (Gibson Tack? Gibson Tac/k?)
  2. Where the term comes from?

1 Answer 1


It's a Gibson tuck, named after artist Charles Dana Gibson's "Gibson Girl".

Tuck here is just the English word tuck, which I assume you're familiar with. Here's a summary from a random website I found on Google:


You can find more about it in English by searching for "Gibson tuck".

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .