I have limited knowledge of Japanese but I tried to convey my thought by saying this to a Japanese friend.

君の猫のふかふか毛で顔をこすることが欲しい。

It seems incorrect. Could anyone point out what's wrong with the sentence or give me some suggestion?

君の猫のふかふか毛で顔をこすることが欲しい。 translate it with google... – hfghf Nov 18 '16 at 17:02
  • ^ GT translates it to "I want you to rub your face with the fluffy hair of your cat", which means 君の猫のふかふかの毛で顔をこすってほしい – Chocolate Nov 18 '16 at 17:21
    “Are we not doing “phrasing” anymore?" — Sterling Archer – istrasci Nov 18 '16 at 17:54
    @istrasci I expect to see OP's idiom as a lewd caption any day now. – Navin Nov 18 '16 at 18:24
  • Unlike English, the Japanese word 猫 has no sexual connotation. So 君の猫のふかふかの毛で顔をこすりたい just means what it literally means: "I want to rub my face to the fluffy hair of your pet cat." – Chocolate Nov 19 '16 at 14:48

Use the auxiliary ~たい for "I want to ~~". For example:

• 擦{こす}りたい -- I want to rub
  • 食{た}べたい -- I want to eat
  • 言{い}いたい -- I want to say

So I think your sentence could literally translate to:

君{きみ}の猫{ねこ}のふかふか毛{け}で顔{かお}をこすりたい

(I personally would say something like... 「XXさんの猫ちゃんのふかふか(orふわふわ)の毛に顔をモフモフしたい~^^」「~~毛に顔をうずめてモフモフした~い^^」)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.