My Japanese book refers to it when talking about airplane seat. But I cannot find any references to the word. Is it the correct spelling?


The spelling is correct.
座席(zaseki): seat

  • 1
    Thanks. That's strange as I also used jisho.org and it gave me the message: Sorry, couldn't find anything matching ザせき, Zaseki or zaseki. I notice now that it's because I typed Zaseki and not zaseki. The former does not work but the latter does.
    – Alan
    Oct 26 '16 at 3:22
  • 2
    And ザせき is a strange mixture of katakana and hiragana, which might have confused jisho.org.
    – naruto
    Oct 26 '16 at 3:25
  • @Alan jisho.org interprets capital letters as a request for katakana specifically. It's kind of unhelpful at times, since you get katakana results from hiragana searches anyway. So it saw 'Za' and gave you ザ instead of ざ.
    – Sjiveru
    Oct 26 '16 at 15:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.