It is a dialogue said by a boy who watched and criticized a theater play. I also translated it myself for checking if I correctly understand the context.

わるいけどお先にしっけいするぜ。 --> It is not good but I have to say goodbye.

こんな茶番劇見てるなら --> If I have to watch this foolish play...

反省房へとじこもってへそのごみでもとってたほうがよっぽどましだよ --> I think secluding myself in repentance room and doing/taking..... would be much better.

I'm not sure if it means doing/taking unimportant thing.

「へそのごみ」よりは(同じ意味の)「へそのゴマ」という表現のほうがより一般的だと思います.(「へそのごみ」がありえないだろう,というほどの違和感は感じませんが) – Yosh Oct 25 '16 at 13:07

Put it simply, he is saying that spending his time cleaning up his bellybutton would be a much more productive use of his time than watching that lame show.

• へそのごみ = bellybutton trash
  • とってた = to pick
  • ほうがよっぽどましだよ = is the much better thing to do.

He doesn't mean that he really wants to clean his bellybutton, it's just his way to insult the show.

わるいけどお先にしっけいするぜ。

Sorry but I'm getting out of here.

Literally: sorry but I'm gonna be rude first. It is a very casual way to say 「先に失礼します」and basically just mean that you are leaving first(which I suppose is seen as rude by Japanese standards.)
わるい can be used to say sorry.(and not "this is bad".)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.