This question already has an answer here:

I found the word 高めだし and I guess it means "really expensive" or something similar. How does it work grammatically? Can -めだし be used after any -i adjective? And what does it mean? Does it come from the verb 目立つ? If yes, shouldn't it be -めだち? Thanks for your help!

Context:

えっ!?でもそのショップって何でも高めだし!

marked as duplicate by naruto grammar Oct 25 '16 at 2:08

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

This is also related: japanese.stackexchange.com/q/14560/5010 – naruto Oct 25 '16 at 2:09
  • @naruto He is confused about the usage of だし the 2 links provided will be of little help to make him understand. – stack reader Oct 25 '16 at 2:18
  • @stackreader Thank you, well, I intended to just vote, not to directly close... Nevertheless, obviously OP is getting the め part wrong. And judging from his previous questions, I doubt he doesn't understand だし. For now, let me keep this marked as duplicate and see what OP thinks. – naruto Oct 25 '16 at 2:23
  • I considered "-めだし" as a suffix, but now it's clear that it isn't. I wasn't able to break it down as "高め - だ - し" as explained by stack reader. – Marco Oct 26 '16 at 23:48

高め means kinda high (expensive).
だ is just casual です.
し (at the end of a phrase) notes one (of several) reasons.

The sentence seems to mean that the talker don't want to go because among other things, the shop is too expensive.

• As I read here the suffix -め means "slightly", so it actually weakens the attribute expressed by the adjective, right? – Marco Oct 27 '16 at 0:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.