I came across the following phrase and have been struggling to find what part of it is meant to be in reference to:

エルアディーナーの壁画

壁画 is obviously just for a fresco/painting but I've been unable to find what エルアディーナー is meant to be. For full context it's about a coat at a fashion show, and the full sentence reads:

エルアディーナーの壁画をヒントに従来のコートをマキシム調に。。。

closed as unclear what you're asking by macraf, Chocolate, broccoli forest, snailboat Oct 17 '16 at 13:49

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Do you mean, you have no context at all? You have no idea whether this is a place name or a person name? – naruto Oct 12 '16 at 16:04
  • It's being used to describe a coat at a fashion show, the full sentence reads: "エルアディーナーの壁画をヒントに従来のコートをマキシム調に。。。" . – Lost-A-Lot Oct 17 '16 at 21:05
    @Lost-A-Lot Is original text using "。。。" too? I mean, the correct ellipsis in Japanese is "…". If you copied the text from somewhere on the web, a link to the source would be appreciated. – broccoli forest Oct 18 '16 at 4:07

just doing a basic search: ディーナー means diner, taken from English. It's about a restaurant called Elua (or whatever similar sounding word)

• Dinner and diner have different katakana. ディーナー is dinner, not diner. – Rathony Oct 12 '16 at 19:37
  • So, by that translation and the context of it being directed at a coat, could it mean "Formal Dinner Jacket"? – SliderBlackrose Mar 17 '17 at 13:51

Seems to have been a misspelling. ディーナー could be "dinner" but dinner is ディナー. They may have meant to say ダイナー as there is a place called "Elua Diner Kobe" in Kobe, Japan, which would make the phrase "A mural of Elua Diner".

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.