3. ぐらいなら
  4. などなら

2.一度会った(。。。)どんな人物かわからない。

1. ほどなら
  2. ことでも
  3. だけでも
  4. だけでは

どうしてその答えを選ぶのかも説明してくれませんか?

ほど as much/to the extent of... アメリカではフットボールほど人気のあるスポーツはない (no sport is as popular as football in America)

ぐらい about/around 午前7時ぐらい起きます (I get up around 7am)

だけ only それだけ大丈夫かなぁ? (is it ok with only that?)

--

1。2 医者にお酒を止められているが、ちょっと(。。。)いいだろう。 Even though (が)the doctor made me stop drinking alcohol (医者にお酒を止められている), .... a bit is ok, right (ちょっと。。。いいだろう)?

The logical answer would be "ONLY a bit is ok, right?"

So だけ is used, and since it is contradicting the last clause of the sentence (she/he is going against the doctor's wishes), you use でも (but) instead of では.

医者にお酒を止められているが、ちょっとだけでもいいだろう。

The doctor made me stop drinking alcohol, but only a little is fine, right?

2。4 一度会った(。。。)どんな人物かわからない

(I) met (her/him) only once... What (どんな) sort of person (人物)he/she is, I don't know.

In this case, it is because the subject ONLY met him/her once that she doesn't know what type of person that is.

Since (unlike the previous example) the first clause supports the following one instead of going against it, I would use だけでは instead of だけでも。

一度会っただけではどんな人物かわからない

I only met him/her once, so what kind of person he/she is, I don't know.

:D

• ありがとうございました。しかし、一番目の問題の答えは「ぐらいなら」ですよ。こちらは問題の説明のページです。lang-8.com/1615755/journals/… – Owl City Sep 22 '16 at 9:45
  • そっか。。。In that case, it would mean "if about a little, it should be fine." ほとんど同じ意味からどっちでもいいだと思います。ごめんなさい。 – Stella H Sep 22 '16 at 10:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.