What is the meaning of 流し方 in the following sentence?

知ってると思うが、剣は腕力より流し方だぜ、力の。

Since it is opposed to 腕力 (brute force), I suppose it has something to do with spiritual force. The context is a fight between two samurai. This is where it's taken from: i.imgur.com/Yaz1eQr.jpg Here's my attempt:

I think you know, but in swordsmanship, more than brute force, it's the way you make it circulate that's important.

Thank you for your help!

It probably refers to sword technique. I'm basing this on Rurouni Kenshin by the way. Kenshin's sword school was 飛天御剣流. The 流{りゅう} was translated to "style" (as in your manner of using a sword) in the English dub . So 流し方 is probably "way of using technique" which is somewhat redundant in English. – G-Cam Sep 15 '16 at 4:10
    It's still ambiguous between how you pour your force or how to deflect the opponent's force, but without context I feel the former would be slightly more favorable here. – broccoli facemask - cloth Sep 15 '16 at 4:48
    No I don't think ~流【りゅう】 ("school/faction") is relevant. I believe 剣は力の流し方だ in such a sentence is "Swords are all about how you deflect the energy (of the opponent's attack)". "Parrying is as important as (or more important than) brute strength" is something even I know, and that is true for modern fencing and kendo. – naruto Sep 15 '16 at 5:47
    @Marco Ah, so here "剣は腕力より力の流し方" is treated as a famous sayings. He implies "As you know, real swordsmen like me don't take other people's attacks straight. And in the same vein, (you should know) real swordsmen don't accept meaningless challenges." – naruto Sep 15 '16 at 6:39
    @Marco I'd rather prefer this to be resolved as duplicate. Thanks :) 「 お前ら相手には期待されてるような本気は出せない」 literally is "Against you, I can't exert my full power that is expected (by you)." – naruto Sep 15 '16 at 6:53

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.