This question already has an answer here:

I'm trying to understand how to use "jan". "jan" is a short version of "ja nai", correct? And it also seems to be almost the same as "ne?" and "desu ne?". Is this correct as well? Can I use them interchangably always?

marked as duplicate by naruto, macraf, Blavius, Dono, Chocolate Sep 10 '16 at 22:50

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

I marked this as the possible duplicate because I believe the accepted question in the link answers almost all of what OP asked, except the difference between "jan" and "desu ne". But don't you know what "desu" is about? – naruto Sep 10 '16 at 10:26
    If you believe your question was closed unjustifiably, please feel free to edit your question, or at least try to explain why. – naruto Sep 11 '16 at 6:05
  • @naruto, it's already edited. – Johshi Sep 11 '16 at 7:09
  • You mean the bold part? Then did you read this accepted answer, especially the first few sentences and the last paragraph? Again, if you are not satisfied with the existing answer there, please expand your question again and specify the unclear point. – naruto Sep 11 '16 at 7:14