On cookpad.com, it says "chicken broth 一個", even though I'm pretty sure chicken broth is a liquid... So what does it mean here? A tablespoon, a teaspoon? An arbitrary figure?

Actual words for reference:



In this context (and many contexts regarding cooking at home), チキンコンソメ1個 refers to a cube of chicken broth -- something like magi bouillon.

cf. クノール® チキンコンソメ

  • I hope I'm making myself clear by just saying a cube of. Broth, thickened into cubic shapes, and you dissolve it in hot water when cooking. – Yosh Sep 3 '16 at 15:33
  • Damn, I didn't even know that cubes of chicken broth existed O.o, thanks :D – The Last Sane Student In An In Sep 3 '16 at 16:35
  • Usually in English it's called bouillon when it's dried and after you reconstitute it it becomes broth. – Paul Sep 5 '16 at 14:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.