Below is an example I found from Internet.

途中で渋滞に巻き込まれてしまたのです。 (The meaning I guess : "The reason is, along the way, I was stuck in a traffic jam")

But from "巻き込まれてしまた" I could not figure out what kind of conjugation was applied to the verb 巻き込む.

Any one please help.

• The example you found is likely borked (unless there was some dialect which shortened it to しまた). It should be 〜しまった. Check 「〜て しまう」 – macraf Aug 31 '16 at 14:34
  • @macraf Thank you, because there are about 50000 results when googling the "巻き込まれてしまた", I also think it may be some kind of dialect. – Uen X Aug 31 '16 at 14:47
  • for てしまう you could have a look at namakajiri.net/nikki/chao – 永劫回帰 Aug 31 '16 at 15:03
  • @UenX I think you mean 24 results. Try clicking on the third page. – oals Aug 31 '16 at 15:07
  • @永劫回帰 Thank you! Until now I only know about two meanings of " てしまう" which are "to do something by accident" and "to finish completely" – Uen X Aug 31 '16 at 15:14

I would rather see: got instead of was in your translation because of しまった (which is written for whatever reason without っ).

The conjugation at hand is:

巻き込む + れる(passive) + てしまう (end up) + た (past)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.