The full sentence is:

文章を短く要約したいために、彼の例のはにかみや駄洒落はめいてある。

めいてある is written in hiragana so I don't have the kanji, but I assume the verb is めく(to show signs of, have the appearance of). However, this results in a strange translation:

The passage shows signs of his characteristic bashfulness and puns, because I wanted to shorten and summarize it.

The first half of the sentence doesn't seem logically connected to the second. Any suggestions for a better way of translating this sentence? Do I have the correct meaning for めいてある?

closed as off-topic by naruto, macraf, Earthliŋ Aug 18 '16 at 13:01

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "This question was caused by a simple spelling mistake, misreading, or typographical error. While similar questions may be on-topic here, this one was resolved in a manner unlikely to help future readers. For more information, see our meta discussion on "typo questions"." – naruto, macraf, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Maybe it's a typo (for 省いて or something). めく appears as part of many verbs, but AFAIK it's not used as a standalone verb. – naruto Aug 18 '16 at 1:19
    いてある」かも・・・ – Chocolate Aug 18 '16 at 5:31
  • ぬいてある would be contextually appropriate. The idea is that the person is trying to keep things short, so it would make sense that he did away / removed his usual puns and forsook his usual bashful style. It's probably a typo, considering め and ぬ look very similar, especially to an OCR scanner at somewhat low resolutions. – LiveMynd Aug 18 '16 at 8:24