I've recently developed interest in reading/studying the 古事記{こじき}, and simply searching for the term「古事記」gives plenty of results with the original text. However, I am having trouble finding any results with ふりがな. I've tried searching using the following terms suggested by Google:

古事記 読み方, 古事記 漢字 読み方

These only seem to produce results for interpretations of the text and not the readings of each character.

古事記 読みやすい

This one seems to produce modern reproductions of the ancient text meant for casual reading.

古事記 ふりがな

Nothing meaningful came out of this one either. I know that somewhere there's an edition with the ふりがな included but I just have no clue how to find it.

I think 古事記 書き下し is the search term you're looking for.

The 古事記 is written in Classical Chinese(漢文)so there wouldn't be any furigana for that.

However, Classical Chinese can be re-written as a 書き下し文 which has kana.

There is an example here: http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~pip/ututu/kami/furukotobumi/jyo1.html

Thank you, this immediately gave me this link which is exactly what I was looking for. – bcloutier Aug 5 '16 at 1:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.