This is in the beginning of the Oregairu manga (it's on the 10th page of volume 1, which is in the free sample on ebookjapan):

近頃の高校生はらいたいこんな感じじゃないでしゅか

What does らいたい mean here? I would also be interested in how I could have found the answer on the internet, since I couldn't find anything useful via various searches on google and jisho.

It's slurred 「だいたい」... and the 「でしゅか」 at the end is slurred 「ですか」(have no idea how to search these things on the Internet though..) – Chocolate Jul 17 '16 at 2:51
    @chocolate Since your comment answers the question, why not post it as an answer? – Flaw Jul 17 '16 at 3:52
  • @Flaw すいません・・ 「how I could have found the answer on the internet」ってとこに答えられなかったもので。。 – Chocolate Jul 18 '16 at 5:29

Did you notice the same guy said 噛みまくった in the next frame? Here 噛む is a slangy expression meaning "to falter" (see the fifth definition in jisho.org).

The original sentence is: いたいこんな感じじゃないでか.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.