Character

It foiled 3 different online handwriting input websites. I tried looking it up via radicals to no avail. The rest of the characters in this font were quite easy to get.

As per request, the context. Context

I had decided on "ざ"

Hiragana そ has variations (like Latin lowercase "g" and "a" have typographical variations). See this. – naruto Jun 28 '16 at 4:27
    I always write the two-stroke version of そ, and since that is how I was taught the character, I believe there are a number of Japanese who still write it that way as well. But, my understanding is that it's a more old-fashioned way to write it. – Nick Overacker Jun 28 '16 at 4:36

Thanks for adding the context. It is indeed ぞ. The whole thing is:

まほはまにゅうのまぞしょうじょ.

EDIT: Looking for more context I tried to google it and it seems the title of some kind of erotic anime or manga? That was kinda embarrassing since I'm at work and a quite inappropriate picture came out. Lol :)

• Sorry about that, perhaps I should have given some warning. I was a little unsure about posting it here, weird tastes and all that. Any indication for why it looks so different? Is there a place where I could look at this character in more fonts? – MonikerHart Jun 28 '16 at 4:37
    How about this: utf8icons.com/character/12382/hiragana-letter-zo – Tommy Jun 28 '16 at 4:50
    You get to answer questions here while at work? ;) – Earthliŋ Aug 30 '16 at 13:34
  • Well, given that I work at least 10 hours a day I allow myself a little break once in a while. :D ..And although I'm in an open space my seat is quite saf...speak of the devil my boss just showed up. But I guess why someone created alt+space+n. Lol – Tommy Aug 30 '16 at 23:29

It would be must easier if you gave more context but off of just this I would just guess ぞ (zo).

• I was exactly thinking about ぞ too and I was waiting for more context indeed. – Tommy Jun 28 '16 at 4:19
  • I added context. – MonikerHart Jun 28 '16 at 4:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.