Possibly in Japanese do not exist therm like this. Even in English it could be rare. Anyway, how could I translate it in Japanese? The meaning of sub-debtor should be "debtor of debtor".

Let me give the example sentence (please sorry in case if you will find it confusing):

"The pledge of receivables arising from the Respective Receivables created under the Pledge Agreement shall be considered as validly existing until the moment the Sub-debtor receives a notice from the Pledge on termination of such pledge."

Could you add an example sentence? I'm not sure there's an exact translation, but I think you could translate it using the terms 又貸し・又借り (which apply not only to subleasing/subletting of flats). – Earthliŋ Jun 22 '16 at 17:20
  • Thank you very much for your reply. I have also added the example sentence, but I am afraid, it won’t help too much... – Fara Jun 22 '16 at 17:42
  • Oh, that's nasty. Are you doing this for fun or are you a professional translator (or both)? – Earthliŋ Jun 22 '16 at 18:01
  • I have lot's of things to learn... ) – Fara Jun 22 '16 at 18:47
    I hope I could start carrier of translator someday...But I have so much things to learn. Anyway, looks like your translation is very very close. Let me tell you one more great thanks. – Fara Jun 22 '16 at 19:10

Debtor is 債務者. Principal debtor is 主たる債務者、 主債務者.

If Sub-debtor is a "non-principal debtor" (a debtor other than the principal debtor), it could be 副債務者, 副次債務者, etc.

Otherwise, perhaps something like a sub-contractor is meant, and you may have to make up a plausible term. (Subcontractor is 下請(事)業者、再委託先、再委託業者)

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.