This question already has an answer here:

Here is the context including the word.

なにが なんでも たたきのめさにゃ 気のすまぬ 男が俺の眼のまえに立ちはだかったんだ。

I found a word 「気がすまない」 in an online dictionary which gives the meaning of it as 'not to be able to settle down (if something is not done)'. I'm not sure that particle 「の」 in the word would make its meaning differs from the one using particle 「が」 instead.

If their meanings are similar, could I translate the whole context like the following sentence?

There was a guy who blocked my way that I must desperately to beat him down, whatever it takes.

marked as duplicate by naruto, Dono, Community Jun 15 '16 at 6:55

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

たたきのめすにゃ -> 「たたきのめにゃ」ではありませんか? – Chocolate Jun 15 '16 at 4:31
    related? japanese.stackexchange.com/q/12825/9831 – Chocolate Jun 15 '16 at 4:35
    I'm voting this as a duplicate for now, but if you already know about GA-NO conversion and want to ask something more specific, please edit the question and say so. – naruto Jun 15 '16 at 5:07
  • @chocolate I would like to reply your first comment. Since the context is hand-written which quite hard for me to interpret, I thought that it should be 「さ」and I understand that 「にゃ」is a colloquial form of 「には」. However, to use the correct verb form being followed by 「には」is dictionary-form verb, so I think 「たたきのめす」would be the correct one. In this case, please let me know what the meaning of「にゃ」really is. For the second comment, the link you provided help me answer the question. Thanks. – George Jun 15 '16 at 7:05
    たたきのめさにゃ means たたきのめさねば / たたきのめさなければ, so たたきのめさにゃ気が(orの)済まぬ… is like たたきのめさなければ気が済まない, "I cannot settle down until I beat him up", "I won't feel happy/satisfied unless I beat him up" – Chocolate Jun 15 '16 at 7:28