I haven't been able to find the definition of ずっきり in any dictionary.

A few examples:

• 今のほうがずっきりしてて好きです。(source)
  • しかしどうもずっきりしない。 (source)
  • ずっきり雨の日は腰が痛い、リュウマチか (source)
  • 「何も御会計と御相談さ。」と、ずっきり言う。 (source)

It can seem to be a verb because it is sometimes attached with する, した, して, etc.

By the way, is ずつきり the typographical error of ずっきり?

The word is very rare. In the Google Japanese N-Gram corpus there are only 135 instances of ずっきり. To put this in perspective, there are 5767407 instances すっきり. – user763305 Jun 10 '16 at 8:26
  • The first two ずっきり must be simple typo for すっきり (refreshing, clear, organized, etc). I haven't heard anyone say ずっきり for this purpose.
  • The third ずっきり is a variant of ズキズキ or ズキリズキリ (mimetics for throbbing pain). See this.
  • I'm not sure about the last ずっきり. Maybe it's a variant of ずけずけ (bluntly)? It must be very rare anyway... I think you can safely forget this example.

Judging also from the sentences you report, it seems to me probably just either a typo or a colloquial/dialectal way to say すっきり.

EDIT: I actually read only the first two examples in your question and replied right away. I am not sure about the third and forth cases, could be something different.

• Now I am wondering why the downvote.. – Tommy Jun 8 '16 at 8:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.