enter image description here

About the second word after 「リミット」. I guess that it's a museum, but then the question is: How can be linked the word "limit" and "museum". Is it just "limit-museum" (but it's sounds a little strange)? And what is モノ and how to use it when I'm translating? Thanks for answer!

That is:

リミット資料館{しりょうかん}~絵{え}を[描]{えが}くときに役立{やくだ}っているモノたち~

資料館 means indeed museum, reference library, archive. The second part of the the sentence I think could be translated as "useful things when drawing a picture/making a painting". That モノ is indeed 物 and probably is in katakana to put emphasis on that word (in Japanese often katakana is used in that way).

As for limit yes, I don't know the context but it seems indeed just the name of the place.

• I just updated the answer a bit. Just noticed that my edit is wrong have to re-edit..Sorry about that. – Tommy May 25 '16 at 14:43
  • In the beginning I said I wasn't sure if there was the small つ but it has to be there because of the い... If it was in potential form it would have been やくだてる. – Tommy May 25 '16 at 14:47
  • How do you know "リミット = limit" from the given context? – l'électeur May 25 '16 at 15:20
  • I don't indeed, as I said. However, do you know any other translation for リミット other than "limit"? – Tommy May 25 '16 at 15:36
  • Just wanted to point out that the phrase「絵を描く」is almost always read えをかく, not えをえがく. However the word 描く by itself can be either かく or えがく. – skywalker May 26 '16 at 16:33

I'll just say "Limit museum" as it's just a name. As for モノ, it's the same word as 物 but it sounds a bit more "likable" or kind of cute if that makes sense.

• Hm, then it turns out "Limit museuml; If you will use this a cute thing(when you're painting) it will be helpful for you" Something like this? Or how? Thanks for your answer! – Alai May 25 '16 at 14:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.