what means にしてみたら with 俺 in this phrase?

俺にしてみたら精一杯{せいいっぱい}やってんだよ

• What do you think it means in this sentence? – user11589 Mar 25 '16 at 2:45
  • ㋕…であると判断をくだす。みなす。また、決定する。選んでそれに決める。「まあ、これでよしとしよう」「友をよき競争相手とする」「出場を取りやめにする」「私は、[コ]{、}[ー]{、}[ヒ]{、}[ー]{、}[に]{、}[す]{、}[る]{、}」(する) – 永劫回帰 Mar 25 '16 at 2:52
  • @変幻出没 3の ㋒『(「…とする」「…とすれば」「…としては」「…にしては」などの形で)…と仮定する、… の立場 ・レベル・段階で考える 、などの意を表す。・・・「親としては心配するのは当然だ」』←こっちです。。 – Chocolate Mar 25 '16 at 3:40
  • @chocolate, Thank you, I still need to brush up my dictionary browsing skill. – 永劫回帰 Mar 25 '16 at 3:49
  • Then it only means something like "for me"? – Veron Mar 25 '16 at 3:57

“XXにしてみたら” means "from someone’s standpoint / for one’s own part." So ”俺にしてみたら精一杯やってんだよ” means “On my part, I’ve been making my best.

“….にしてみたら” can be used in the following ways for examples:

俺にしてみたら、君と仕事を代わって貰いたいよ - For me, I’d like to change my job with you.

見習いの身にしてみたら、親方の小言は辛いよ - As a trainee, my boss’s harsh words are really bitter to me.

親にしてみたら、息子がぐれてるのは辛いよー From his parent’s standpoint, it’s painful to see their son has gone bad.

彼女にしてみたら、もっと旦那にやさしくして貰いたかったんだ - For her own part, she must have wished her husband to be more loving.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.