The context is simple, in a speech, I am talking about how I grew up with Japan on my mind.

I am familiar with について and と思います, yet i am not entirely sure about the usage here. In English, I'd say the following:

I grew up

I am thinking about Japan

The Japanese translation of the two would be:

私は育ちました

私は日本のことを思っています

Correct? Now what grammar is used to connect the two?

Could you maybe give a complete sentence meaning "I grew up thinking about X" using について and/or と思います?
    – Earthliŋ
    Mar 12, 2016 at 10:29
  • @Earthliŋ I think he meant that he is aware of those two expressions but he isn't sure about using them in a sentence. Mar 12, 2016 at 10:31
  • @strawberryjam Oh, I thought she meant that she can use those two expressions, but is not sure they are fit for this particular context...
    – Earthliŋ
    Mar 12, 2016 at 10:34
  • @Earthliŋ strawberryjam is correct here. I am aware of the two expressions but do not know how to use them in this situation, if these are the correct ones to use at all
    – kijo
    Mar 12, 2016 at 10:35
    @AmaniKilumanga I have edited my description to what I think is clearer now. I do know how to say the two sentences by their own, yet not when put together in a single sentence.
    – kijo
    Mar 12, 2016 at 11:24

1 Answer 1

If you connect the two sentence like 私は育ちました and 私は日本のことを思っています, you can say 私は日本のことを(いつも or 常に)思いながら育ちました.

You can use "~ながら", it means "with" and "while".

• You really saved my skin, thank you greatly!
    – kijo
    Mar 12, 2016 at 12:32

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .