In this sentence I have a problem of interpretation:

本来なら魔石やドロップアイテムは『サポーター』と呼ばれる非戦闘員が回収して確保してくれるんだけど、 『ヘスティア・ファミリア』の構成員は僕一人だけだから以下略

“To be precise, the non-combatant who collects me and provides me the magic stones and released objects is called "support", but, being the only member of Hestia family [ ... ]”

For me it is not clear if the subject is talking about non-combatants in general or if he is talking about a specific non-combatant.

I think that he is referring to a specific one for two reasons: the first reason is because there is 本来なら (normally) and this is why I translated: "the non-combatant who collects..." and the second reason is because before the text there was this sentence:

魔石の欠片を腰巾着、【コボルトの爪】を背にしょっている黒色のバックパックに放り込む。

Please post one question at a time. You can edit this question leaving one problem and create separate questions for the other. – macraf Mar 10 '16 at 11:35
  • Hello, previously in the text there was this sentence: 魔石の欠片を腰巾着、【コボルトの爪】を背にしょっている黒色のバックパックに放り込む。 This is a reason wky I think that in the sentence 本来なら魔石やドロツブアイテムは『サポーター』と呼ばれる非戦闘員が回収して確保してくれるんだけど、 『ヘスティア. ファミリア』の構成員は僕一人だけだから以下略 the speaker is referring to 魔石の欠片を腰巾着 and not to non-combatant in general. What do you think? Thanks, Nadia – Nadia Mar 10 '16 at 14:20

魔石の欠片を腰巾着、【コボルトの爪】を背にしょっている黒色のバックパックに放り込む。
I (pick up and) throw magic stones into my drawstring waist bag, and コボルトの爪 into my black backpack on my shoulders.

本来なら魔石やドロップアイテムは『サポーター』と呼ばれる非戦闘員が回収して確保してくれるんだけど、
Under normal circumstances (i.e. in other/normal Familias), magic stones and dropped items are (supposed to be) collected by non-combatants called "supporters", but...

『ヘスティア. ファミリア』の構成員は僕一人だけだから
I am the only member of "Hestia Familia", so...

以下略
The rest is omitted. (<- We have no supporters, so I have to collect the dropped items all by myself.)

• So he is talking about 非戦闘員 called "supporters" in general. – naruto Mar 10 '16 at 19:18
  • @naruto そですね・・・ – Chocolate Mar 11 '16 at 1:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.