I know you use verb stem+始める when you want to indicate that something started, so would this sentence be correct?

特にゲームをする始めます。

• Do you know what a "stem" is? – macraf Feb 24 '16 at 7:35
  • Yeah, the dictionary verb stem. Or is it suppose to be the stem of ゲームをし始めます? – GasterSans Feb 24 '16 at 7:37
  • Generally what is the difference between a verb and a verb stem? – macraf Feb 24 '16 at 7:39
    A verb is just the action and a verb stem is for conjugating a verb to polite speech or casual etc Oh wait, suru is not a stem loll so it is shi then. – GasterSans Feb 24 '16 at 7:46

The conjugation before verb is 連用形(masu-form), so your sentence is incorrect. ゲームをし始めます is correct. For example, "start walking" is 歩き始める. 歩き is 連用形 of a verb 歩く.

In addition, 特に is unnatural in this sentence.

• Thank you for replying. I wanted to say especially playing at the start of the game. That's why I thought I could use tokuni. – GasterSans Feb 24 '16 at 7:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.