I came across the following sentence:

ばかものに考えているに思えた。

Which was translated as:

Seemed to believe in stupid things.

Now, the first に states IN WHAT someone seemed to believe. We can put this one aside. What is the role of the second one? I would expect for the two verbs to be related through a と particle. So can you help me define the meaning in which に connects two verbs like these?

closed as unclear what you're asking by broccoli forest, snailboat Aug 20 '16 at 8:17

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

「ばかものに考えているに思えた。」 makes no sense and it is difficult to discuss how a word is used in a sentence that makes no sense. – l'électeur Feb 7 '16 at 23:23
  • 考えているに思えた makes no sense? – Gabu Feb 7 '16 at 23:30
    @Gabu This sentence is broken because the two に in this sentence are both used inappropriately. According to the English translation, this sentence must be 「ばかなことを考えているように思えた」. – naruto Feb 8 '16 at 5:19
  • Can you give more context (sentences before and after) and verify the above is correct? If it is from a book or other physical media please take a picture and show us. – Locksleyu Feb 8 '16 at 11:56

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.