It seems to be used as a na-adjective, but I couldn't find the meaning anywhere.

• What sentence did you find this word in? – snailcar Jan 26 '16 at 8:14
  • アニメ放送も終了してモンロスに悲しむ世帯主の方々へ朗報 – crocket Jan 26 '16 at 8:14
    〜ロス, such as あまロス or 五代ロス, are slangs based on ペットロス症候群(animal loss en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_loss). – marasai Jan 26 '16 at 9:32

I hear first the word "モンロス" but we recently use the word "~ロス" , which means " the lost of something. For example, ペットロス means " the thing one lose one's pets."

I research the comment of your sentence, so I get モン is a omission of a comic "モンスター娘のいる日常", so モンロス means " the lost of "モンスター娘のいる日常".

アニメ放送も終了してモンロスに悲しむ means "the people who weep for モンロス by ending the anime."

• This is illuminating. So, it is a japanese idiom that dictionaries do not teach. – crocket Jan 26 '16 at 9:32
  • @crocket It's not an idiom... it's Internet slang specific to a small subcommunity. I point this out because we are all language learners here, and "idiom" isn't the proper English word. :) – Avery Jan 26 '16 at 15:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.