How would you translate this to Japanese:

Network security, cyber security and information security expert and adviser.

Is this correct:


Is it best if I dropped the last two "security"s?

Like this:

Network, cyber and information security expert and adviser.

closed as off-topic by snailboat Jan 4 '16 at 22:36

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – snailboat
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • I'm more concerned about the ending with 専門と顧問. But maybe that's just me. – virmaior Jan 4 '16 at 12:01
  • 2
    TBH, It looks machine-translated, but maybe that is just me. – l'électeur Jan 4 '16 at 12:29
  • 1
    It is machine-translated. What is your suggestion? – Madara Jan 4 '16 at 12:36
  • 3
    We should probably clarify that using Google Translate doesn't count as making your own attempt at translating. – snailboat Jan 4 '16 at 22:35
  • You can drop the first two セキュリティ's, like in English.
  • 顧問 is not bad, but it sounds a bit too grandiose to me, because it's mainly used for lawyers, economists, politicians and such. And in reality, 顧問 is often used like an honorary title after someone is effectively retired. I hear アドバイザー or コンサルタント more often for actively-working security consultants.
  • 専門 is "specialty" and does not directly refer to a person. What you may need instead is 専門家【せんもんか】 or エキスパート, which means "specialist/expert". However, I doubt we need this word in the first place, because アドバイザー already implies it. (And 専門家顧問 sounds like there are two people—an expert and an adviser)

So if I'm allowed to modify it so that it looks natural and short, I would say:


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.