Forgive me if there is a more appropriate technical term for the thing I'm searching for. When I studied Japanese in Taiwan a few years back, I learned that it was important to learn the right high low pitch intonation for new words. This was usually noted by a number between 0 and 6 (I think), as in おはよう0 or 犬(いぬ2). The Japanese/Chinese hardbound dictionary I still have from then has these numbers for all entries, but now that I'm trying to get back into Japanese study, but with my cell phone and computer, I can't find an online dictionary or app (android preferably) that has them. I looked through all the suggestions on the resources page here, but none of them seems to have them. Am I missing something? Thanks!

closed as off-topic by broccoli forest, Dono, Flaw Jan 4 '16 at 16:14

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions seeking learning resources are off-topic here, but may already be answered by our list of Resources for learning Japanese." – broccoli forest, Dono, Flaw
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• accent.u-biq.org/english.html maybe? – Chocolate Jan 4 '16 at 4:15
  • Yes! This is just what I'm asking about. Am I right in assuming that this is not a much paid attention to aspect of pronunciation for beginners like myself, seeing as how it's not a part of most dictionary entries? – David Bell Jan 4 '16 at 4:24
    I've gone ahead and added an answer to our meta post on resources: Resources for pitch accent ← Please, everyone, feel free to add resources or work on the descriptions I've written :-) – snailcar Jan 4 '16 at 23:15

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.