Konbanwa,

I just started learning about Japanese alphabets, and I started with Hiragana, so is it right to start with Hiragana then Katana? and if I learned about the both writing systems which one should I use in my writing? and my last question is when to start learning about Kanji ?

closed as off-topic by Robin, oals, Sjiveru, Dono, Earthliŋ Jan 3 '16 at 1:14

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions seeking learning resources are off-topic here, but may already be answered by our list of Resources for learning Japanese." – Robin, oals, Sjiveru, Dono, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I rather hope you mean katakana. Swords are not for writing! – Aeon Akechi Jan 2 '16 at 19:50
    1) Yes, katakana is secondary in importance and can be postponed by a few months 2) The one that's appropriate for the word 3) As soon as you are confident with your katakana (can read without errors) – oals Jan 2 '16 at 20:12
    @Nothingatall yeah I always think that katakana is katana xD, because I hear katana a lot in animes – user4852 Jan 2 '16 at 22:02
  1. Yes, that's absolutely right. Learn hiragana first to get used to the pronunciation, then switch to katakana.
  2. Use hiragana (and later kanji) to write most Japanese, but use katakana when you need to write loan words such as "toilet"
  3. I recommend you to learn kanji as early as possible. You will really need it in order to read Japanese.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.