I've seen the word 戸感 (or something similar) in a few visual novels, and i was able to find it also in some lyrics when i searched for it on google, but i couldn't find it neither on jdic, goo nor alc, and trying to understand it by the meaning of kanji doesn't make much sense...

  • 1
    Is it not「[戸惑]{とまど}う」or「[戸惑]{とまど}い」? (感vs惑)
    – chocolate
    Commented Dec 5, 2015 at 17:10
  • that would answer my question, it fits the situations i've seen the word in, and on the font/font size i read visual novels these two (感 vs 惑) look pretty much the same - if you post it as an answer i'll mark as accepted one, thanks
    – AyanamiSan
    Commented Dec 5, 2015 at 17:12

1 Answer 1


I think it's the verb [戸惑]{とまど}う, "to be puzzled / confused / disoriented". [戸惑]{とまど}い is its noun form.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .