Here is the sentence containing the word.

おことわりだね おまえみたいな 弱{よわ}っぴいと組むなんて!

やるんなら おれひとりでやらあ。

In my opinion, I think it would be transformation of the word 弾き or 'player' but I'm not uncertain if it is correct because the word ends with 「い」. I have searched on some dictionary sites but there is no one describing about it.

• maybe a variation on 弱っぽい? – comeauch Dec 3 '15 at 12:09

~っぴ/~っち is a sort of "suffix" which generates cute-sounding nicknames. Think of it as an rough equivalent of -ie as in doggie, walkie-talkie, etc.

弱っぴい itself is not common (probably I haven't seen this before), but it should simply mean "weak boy/guy".

• So you might well translate it as "weakie", which is a similarly informal word. Contrast "weakling", which has much the same meaning, but is a "proper word". – Brian Chandler Dec 4 '15 at 8:27
  • @BrianChandler Thanks, "weakie" was something I've come up with, but I didn't know how it "feels". – naruto Dec 4 '15 at 10:20

We sometimes say 弱っちい in stead of 弱々しい. I think 弱っぴい is a transformation of 弱っちい.

But 弱っちい and 弱々しい are i-adjectives, while the 弱っぴい here appears to be a noun (cos it's 弱っぴいと, not 弱っぴいと) – Chocolate Dec 4 '15 at 5:23
    Yes、弱っちい and 弱々しい are i-adjectives but I think it is no problem because 弱っぴい is a slang. It may be abbreviated a noun or nominalization. I heard it for the first time. – Yuuichi Tam Dec 4 '15 at 5:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.