We have:

Easy peasy + lemon squeezy (+ additional rhymes)

I've come across this expression:

らくしょう + かいしょう + ??しょう

Where I was unable to clearly identify the third element, but it sounds like じょ or じょう

My candidates for the words are 楽勝、快勝、常勝

Since I was unable to find expressions corresponding to them (from tangorin) (from alc), I decided to post this question.

1. What are the words (Did I get them right?)
  2. Is this expression recognizable? Is it common or uncommon usage?
  3. Are there other expressions to convey "easy peasy"
  • 楽勝快勝こんちくしょう?No probably not, but that's what came to mind, and I kind of like the 語呂. – dainichi Nov 30 '15 at 20:25

Of course the individual words are very common, but personally I do not recognize this as a fixed expression. I found one person who wrote a blog entry titled “圧勝。楽勝。快勝。”, and another person with “楽勝。快勝。圧勝。”. Yet another person seems to have used “楽勝快勝優秀賞” as a radio name. Could it be that what you heard was a one-off — something just made up by the person?

There are several Japanese expressions that are similar to easy peasy:

1. ちょちょいのちょい
  2. 屁{へ}のカッパ (or カッパの屁)
  3. お茶{ちゃ}の子さいさい
  4. 余裕{よゆう}のよっちゃん

All of them except #1 may sound a little dated though. #4 is a lame Showa-era joke, but I bet people who've heard of it will find it funny in an ironic, hipster way by now. Also I might add 朝飯前{あさめしまえ} (lit. before breakfast) or 屁でもない (lit. not even a fart), but those seem more like metaphorical idioms akin to “piece of cake”, rather than a word play like “easy peasy”.

1.楽勝 means " easy victory". 快勝 means "good victory" and it may not easily win. 常勝(じょうしょう) means that " always win".

2.They are recognizable and common usage.

3.I don't come across my mind now.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.