Could I translate "Opportunities for Customers" as "お客様との機会点"

I've seen it used in similar ways to the opposite, which is 問題点 ("problems")

I was wondering if this is a correct use in the context.

I haven't seen such a word as 機会点, but according to Google, 機会点 seems to be the unique term made up by the former president of McDonald's Japan, Eikō Harada. Did you see 機会点 in a context related to him?

その日本マクドナルドHDの社長原田泳幸氏は、「課題点」とか「問題点」と言わず、「機会点」と言っているそうです。なるほどね・・・ (source)

セールスレポートは昨日までの結果。そして、コールセンターのレポートは、今日からわれわれが取り組むべき課題だ、とも言います。どっちを先に見るべきかというと、コールセンターのレポートです。その課題のところに機会点があるわけです。(source)

"問題点は、機会点とよぶ" 日本マクドナルド原田社長 (source)

In general, I don't think 機会点 is recognized by an average Japanese businessperson. Possible translation would be "お客様にとっての機会/チャンス/利点", etc.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you for the answer, it seems I hadn't done my homework very well.. It seems like a logical word to exist but I'll definitely refrain from using it because as you pointed out it is a made-up word that is not widely used after all. – Zumo Nov 12 '15 at 14:46

Opportunities for Customers お客様への機会 It seems to give chance to customer.

お客様との機会 mean the opportunity with customer.

If you have whole sentence, I can choose more appropriate word choice. Japanese are sensitive.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.