This question already has an answer here:

秋葉さんのルートは他のルートとは違っていて、好感度さえクリアしていればグッド・トゥルー、共に特別な条件を必要としません。

さえ.

This is the particle which always give me problems.
How can I translate this sentence?
I can't really grasp it.

I tried to and my translation would be:

Akiha's route is different from the others and as long as you clear it favorably the true and good ending, together they do not require necessary conditions.

Still makes no sense.

marked as duplicate by Flaw, Will, Szymon, Earthliŋ, macraf Nov 6 '15 at 10:41

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Tsukihime, right? It's saying that all you need to get the good/true end for Akiha's route is enough "Akiha points" (好感度), and not any other special conditions (e.g. specific dialogue choices) (特別な条件). 好感度さえクリアしていれば means "as long as your 好感度 'clears' a given threshold...". – senshin Nov 5 '15 at 16:30
  • Yes tsukihime. I tought clear was referring to the the game. So what 好感度 means generally? Why is 共に used before special conditions? – Splikie Nov 5 '15 at 17:06
    In this case, クリアする doesn't mean "to clear a route"; it means "to achieve a condition", the condition in this case being sufficient 好感度. In general, 好感度 means "degree of favor"; in VNs, that translates to "how many points have you earned for this character". 共に is used here because the previous clause refers to グッド and トゥルー, and it's saying that both of those don't require any other special conditions. – senshin Nov 5 '15 at 17:29
  • I usually think of 好感度 as "likability" or "like meter/stat". Some games even have a number (or levels) to show how much the character likes you, like other stats in RPGs. – Jimmy Nov 5 '15 at 20:43
  • This question is possibly about ~さえ~ば, as opposed to being about 好感度 – Flaw Nov 6 '15 at 3:51

Role of さえ translated in bold:

'Unlike other routes, Akiba's route doesn't require [...], as long as you make a good impression ("obtain enough good will points").'

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.