I want to say, "the third season is fall".

• Downvoter explain yourself :0 – user2738698 Oct 6 '15 at 0:08
  • I'm not the downvoter, but this japanese.SE is not a translation service, so people like it when you give it a shot. Suggested reading: sanabo.com/kazoekata/ct_ka/ki/kisetsu – virmaior Oct 6 '15 at 0:42
    Valid question! I'm sure there is a very japanese-y answer, but I'm unaware of one myself. You could say the third season 第三季節 (dai san ki setsu) – sova Oct 6 '15 at 2:35
  • You show zero effort, so why should the downvoter show more? Besides, there is no need for a counter to say what you wanted. – macraf Oct 6 '15 at 2:50

Seasons can be a little tricky because they mean different things.

When talking about the four astronomical/meteorological seasons as in your example, it is probably most natural to use a generic counter: 3つ目の季節は秋です.

Ways of counting other seasons:

• 第3シーズン、3シーズン目 (For sports, orchestras, theatre, TV shows, business seasons)
  • 第3季、3季目 (For sports, business seasons)
  • 第3期、3期目 (Generic counter for periods of time, except not used to count the four astronomical/meteorological seasons.)
  • 期 is also used for anime "seasons", basically sets of 13 episodes or thereabouts. – LiveMynd Aug 30 '16 at 8:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.