I try to figure out the structure of this sentence. but I'm somehow confuse with it

what I got is this

忘れちゃうと いけないから、 in order to not forget

メモしといたのに although noted it already

そのメモをなくしちゃった that note is gone (lost it)

(If I got it right) it seem make sense to me but in grammar first two sentence is strange.

is it like this? ... although I noted it already (in order not to forget) but I lost it.

• Thank you Yang Muye, this type of encapsulation is quite new to me. (at least when it's in Japanese context, everything become new to me. Thank you again :D – blackthorn Oct 4 '15 at 17:07

I try to figure out the structure of this sentence. but I'm somehow confuse with it

〔〈(忘れちゃう)と、いけない〉から、メモしといた〕のに、そのメモをなくしちゃった

is it like this? ...although I noted it already (in order not to forget) but I lost it.

Correct.

this type of encapsulation is quite new to me. (at least when it's in Japanese context, everything become new to me.

Here is the trick: when you interpret a Japanese sentence, just need to read it in inverse order.

I lost the note, although 〔I took it because〈 it was not good if(I forgot it)〉〕

I believe @snailboat can explain more about the grammatical phenomenon.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.