So, I have the following sentence:

私は World of Tanks をします。

I am certain this sentence is laid out correctly. However, I am unsure of how I would pronounce "World of Tanks". Should I simply pronounce it (and any other titles that appear in Latin characters) as I would in English or as if it were written in katakana?

Generally, you would pronounce it as though it were in katakana: ワールド・オブ・タンクス. Not doing so may lead to confusion. Although I must ask, why is it so important it be written in Roman letters?

As far as I know of, "World of Tanks" is simply displayed as "World of Tanks" on the Japanese translation of the website, so I am simply using that. – EnragedTanker Sep 5 '15 at 19:10
  • I must ask: Do you think ordinary Japanese people are able to pronounce it as you would in English? :-) Even bilingual speakers usually automatically katakanizes these words in their mind when they're talking to Japanese people. – naruto Sep 6 '15 at 4:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.