The sentence is from dragon ball, the speaker is driving his car, chasing some other guys. He just said "これじゃとてもおいつかん!"

たしかやつらのより新型の銀星{ぎんせい}4型のカプセルがあっただろ!

I didn't find info on 銀星 in the dictionary. My guess is the sentence means something like :

They probably had a newer model of "type 4 stars capsule" (than mine)!

I'm also confused about the の after やつら, I would expect a (に)は instead...

Edit : Ok, on second thought, I think I misunderstood the particle より for the adverb より.

I now think the sentence means something like :

I was sure I had a "type 4 stars" capsule newer than theirs.

I think this would satisfy you. After having googled, since I don't have any idea either, the word 銀星4型 is very likely to be borrowing the name of a vehicle which a character called Yamcha is riding at in an anime Dragonball.

Here is a dictionary of the terms of Dragonball....

Excerpt

銀星4型【ぎんせいよんがた/02(015)-061(01)】

ヤムチャがカプセルにして携帯していた新型の乗り物の型番。

Translated

Type Ginsei 4 ( I don't know how in the English version the word is translated, so this is my translation. )

【ぎんせいよんがた/02(015)-061(01)】

A new type Capsule ( in English ) portable vehicle which Yamcha has.

I think the image would be like this ( though the type of the vehicle number ( name ) is different. So from the dictionary of the Dragonball terms above, once you "throw" the portable capsule into the air, the vehicle ( 銀星4型 ) shows up.

Wish you have good fun.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.