Recently, I heard (in a song) these 3 sentences and I can't translate some words in them. I've tried various translators but I'm still confused, so I hope you can help me. Sentences are.

紡いだ日々もあるよ

本当はいつもどんな場面にも「誰か」がいたんだ (In this one. I just don't understand 「本当はいつも」)

花束も約束もいらないただいくつもの愛でこの空は繋がってるよ (In this one. I just don't understand 「いくつもの愛で」)

closed as off-topic by Flaw, Dono, Blavius, user3856370, Eiríkr Útlendi Nov 15 '15 at 19:39

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – Flaw, Dono, Blavius, user3856370, Eiríkr Útlendi
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1) There are days where we are together. 紡いだ I think of as weaving the fabric of the day by being together.

2)

本当はいつも

means In truth, there has always.... Note the has is because the sentence is overall past tense. So it means overall like: In truth, there has always been a certain someone there, regardless of the situation I was in

3) いくつも as choco pointed out means a great many. The phrase is actually two sentences:

花束も約束もいらない: I don't need flowers or promises.

ただいくつもの愛でこの空は繋がってるよ: After all, our loves connect the entire sky together.

It doesn't say "I only need for our enormous love to connect..." – Chocolate Aug 25 '15 at 0:20
  • Isn't the で here used to indicate place? And ただ mean I only need because it transitions from the previous phrase? Perhaps いくつもの愛 should be all the loves instead? Does it refer to loves outside the speaker as well? – Ringil Aug 25 '15 at 9:40
    ①"Isn't the で here used to indicate place" >> No, the で is goo辞書 #❶-6 「動作・作用の手段・方法・材料などを表す。」i.e. It's the instrumental case. ②"ただ mean I only need" >> No, it doesn't say "I need..." but it's describing how the sky is connected, linked, tied or united together, with all your friends' love/friendship. ③"Perhaps いくつもの愛 should be all the loves instead? Does it refer to loves outside the speaker as well?">> Yes, it refers to all the loves and friendship of the speaker/reader and their friends that supported them (=「誰か」, – Chocolate Aug 25 '15 at 14:02
  • (cont.) 「ひとりひとり かけがえのない“キミ”」and「みんな」 in the lyrics here). You'll understand if you read the whole lyrics. – Chocolate Aug 25 '15 at 14:11
  • @choco: Thanks for you taking your time to help me understand my mistakes. Is there any source that says 紡いだ is spending days together? Or am I supposed to understand that as we weave the story of our days by means of being together? – Ringil Aug 27 '15 at 9:45

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.