Can anyone tell me what this character means?

enter image description here

Thank you in advance!

closed as off-topic by broccoli forest, Earthliŋ, user3856370, ssb, virmaior Aug 20 '15 at 13:00

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – broccoli forest, Earthliŋ, user3856370, ssb, virmaior
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Are you sure you're asking on the right site (Japanese.SE and not Chinese.SE)? – Earthliŋ Aug 18 '15 at 12:20
    , this character may have been used in Japanese but it is way more common in Chinese. – 永劫回帰 Aug 18 '15 at 13:07

That's the first character in the well-known Mandarin Chinese greeting "nĭ hăo" (你好). 你 means "you." I don't remember ever seeing it in a Japanese context, and jisho.org returns no words containing it.

Edit: tried searching *你, and got one result - 玫瑰玫瑰我愛你, which is a Chinese song from the 1940's which means "Rose, Rose, I love you." *你* also has no results.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.