Say I'm writing a message (on twitter) to an author of a book you read, or a message to an artist about live you went to or album you listened to.

I want to talk/ask about something else, but I want to start of with that I enjoyed the work.

The English equivalent would be "I thought it was very interesting/I enjoyed it very much/It was a wonderful performance/etc"

I looked up "to enjoy" in an English-Japanese dic and all I got was 楽しむ and it doesn't seem quite right in this situation. 楽しみにしています I know exists but is "I'm looking forward to it".

How can you say you enjoyed the book/performance/album? Any variants or example more specific statements would be welcome!

some examples

素晴らしい◯◯でした。(** was wonderful.)

感動しました。(moved me)

最高でした。(was the best)

if its an album,

いつも聞いています。(I always listen to it)

if its a book, depending on the content

私のバイブルです(Its my bible) not literally, but you know.

if using slang is ok, now a days people put(神)before book/performance/album before and call it divine. Its a internet thing so depending on who it is it might kinda be inappropriate though.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.