Q. Can someone translate and explain this to me?
A. First I'll break it down and then give what may be an explanation for the sentence.
- こんな - this kind of
- ばかな - idiot, stupid
- こんなばかな - this kind of stupid
- 私 - me
- こんなばかな私 - this kind of stupid person (literally "me")
- を - particle that marks the object of the sentence
- どうして - why
- 愛して - gerund form of 愛する (to love)
- くれる - to give; to let one have; to do for one; to be given
- 愛してくれる - (give) love (to) me, i.e., love me
- の - particle の used at the end of a sentence when one is seeking for an explanation for something
Thus, the sentence holds the following meaning:
Why do you love this kind of stupid person? (referring to themself)
or more loosely translated: How can you love a person as stupid as me?
The author of the sentence may be seeking confirmation of the recipient's love, but that's just a conjecture. The author could be seeking a range of different reactions with this. Only the author (and possibly the recipient, and those familiar with the situation) would know this based on the context and their relationship.