I've heard this in an anime but need to understand the definition of it

closed as off-topic by Dono, Earthliŋ, dainichi, Blavius, virmaior Jun 28 '15 at 3:00

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – Dono, Earthliŋ, dainichi, Blavius, virmaior
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• Please see the feedback you received on your previous question. Japanese Language Stack Exchange is not a translation service; For that, you can try Google Translate. ;) – seafood258 Jun 27 '15 at 21:04
    @seafood258 GoogleTranslate does not give an accurate translation I can't do that – user10299 Jun 27 '15 at 22:02
    This question is basically off-topic. Japanese.SE is not a translation service. Please try to include some context and show some research effort in future questions. Still, I'll wait for others to close vote, just in case someone wants to leave it open anyway, because the use of この with first person pronouns is a rather interesting topic that doesn't translate into English very easily. (Perhaps the question could be rewritten so that it's on-topic, and we could have an interesting discussion.) – snailcar Jun 27 '15 at 22:20
    In the meantime, if you can improve your question by including the context you found it in and telling us what you understand so far, it would greatly increase the odds that the question will remain open. Please use the edit button. – snailcar Jun 27 '15 at 22:22
    Your question might be answered by this: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/16220/… – Earthliŋ Jun 27 '15 at 22:45

Since there isn't enough context to judge exactly in what sense it is used, I guess it was similar to この私が〜します. And I also assume that you wonder why there is この before 私.
Here, "Kono watashi ga (この私が)" basically means "I", but it is emphasized. It is also pronounced as "Kono watakushi ga" in more formal way.

Ex:

• もう20歳若ければ、この私が彼女と結婚している:
    If I was 20 years younger, I'd marry her myself. (Here, not others but I get married to her)
  • 驚いたでしょうね、この私が延期してやろうと思うなんて:
    You are surprised at my wishing to postpone it.
  • よかったら、この私がそれを取ってきてあげましょうか?:
    If it is OK, shall I go get it?
  • What does ''Bakana kono watashi ga'' mean I don't what that means heard from a game from youtube? – user10299 Jun 27 '15 at 22:04
  • Basically, "kono この" here is also used to emphasize "I 私". In game, it is often used as "バカな、この私が(負けるなんて)", which can be loosely translated as "why on earth I could be defeated". – user51966 Jun 27 '15 at 22:26

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.