My attempt is as follows:

数{すう}学{がく}が一[番]{ばん}で美{うつく}しくて強{きょう}力{りょく}な人{にん}間{げん}の精{せい}神{しん}の創{そう}造{ぞう}です。

Is it correct?

Among many things: 創造 usually stands for "creating" creation but not "created" creation. – broccoli forest Jun 6 '15 at 5:02

To use as much of what you used as possible, just drop the 「で」 and you will have at least a grammatical sentence. You cannot say 「一番 + adjective」 to mean "most (adjective)" or "(adjective)est".

The next step would be to replace the conversational 「一番」 by the more formal「[最]{もっと}も」.

Then, I would seriously think about the validity of the 「が」 in 「数学が」. Having been here so long, I know 「が」 is Japanese-learners' favorite subject marker. (They often use it even when it should not be used at all.) More context is needed to choose between 「は」 and 「が」 here. Generally speaking, one needs a very good reason to use 「が」.

It would be more natural:

数学は人間の精神による創造の中で、最も美しくそして強力なものです。

Although it may depend on the context, in this case, the original passage means, I suppose, that:

Mathematics is one of the most beautiful and powerful creations that human spirit has ever created.

If so, at least, it would be better to say:

数学は

rather than

数学が.

Because 数学が implies only or emphasizing, so it is going to be Only Mathematics is as if 数学だけが or It is Mathematics that .... On the other hand, 数学は does not mention others or means implicitly at least.

For example, to say I study Japanese.

私が日本語を勉強します。

This sentence is more natural when there must be only one person to study Japanese in a group or class.

私は日本語を勉強します。

This means that I do not know if other people do, but I do. Or

私は日本語を勉強しています。

This is more like I study Japanese everyday.

I would say "人間(の)精神が精神が想像した最も美しく強力なものは数学である。", or "数学は人間(の)精神が想像した最も美しく、強力なものである。"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.