I'm reading an interview with a manga artist and having trouble making sense out of this part:

漫画家が集まって酒飲んだりすると、アシスタントの愚痴ばっかりですよ。ぶつぶつぶつぶつ。おなじ部屋でアシスタントをおだてて、なだめすかして、いま俺、言い過ぎたかなあなんて思いながら二時間ぐらい過ぎたりしてます。いまのは俺が悪い、いや、あいつのほうが悪いだろう、とか。

I get the first part just fine, but after the ぶつぶつ part I can't quite work out what he's saying. A little help, anyone?

closed as off-topic by mirka, user3856370, Blavius, Flaw, Earthliŋ Nov 21 '15 at 21:27

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – mirka, user3856370, Blavius, Flaw, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

おなじ部屋でアシスタントをおだてて、なだめすかして、『いま俺、(アシスタントに対して)言い過ぎたかなあ』なんて思いながら二時間ぐらい過ぎたりしてます。『いまのは俺が悪い』、『いや、あいつ(←アシスタント)のほうが悪いだろう』、とか(思いながら)。

こんなのでいいでしょうか・・・

• 読点はかぎ括弧の外が良いんじゃないでしょうか。 – broccoli forest Jun 1 '15 at 3:34
  • @broccoliforest そうですね~ 直しました。ありがとうございます。 – Chocolate Jun 1 '15 at 9:48
  • That helps a little, but I'm still not entirely sure how to understand it. Is he saying that he tends to feel guilty about complaining about his assistants when drinking and is very flattering to them, say, the next day at work? – haet Jun 2 '15 at 10:20
    No, he's not feeling guilty. He's saying "We all manga artists always grumble about our assistants when we drink together", because they share their feelings. "おなじ部屋でアシスタントをおだてて、なだめすかして、いま俺、言い過ぎたかなあなんて思いながら二時間ぐらい過ぎたりしてます。いまのは俺が悪い、いや、あいつのほうが悪いだろう、とか。" is stating why he feels like grumbling; in the same room he needs to be fluttering to them and talks to himself 'It was my fault,' 'No it was his fault' etc but can't actually say that to them being afraid of hurting their feelings, so that's why he grumbles about them when he drinks with other manga artists. – Chocolate Jun 2 '15 at 14:15
    The main topic of this passage is not that he grumbles about his assistant, but how they manga artists are usually feeling about their assistants. – Chocolate Jun 2 '15 at 14:20

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.