Ikemen means something like cool man, is there something similar for women?

Doesn't it mean 'good-looking man'? – Aeon Akechi May 26 '15 at 22:54
  • Judging from the answers below I think so, but I read it to be a cool man. – Friso May 27 '15 at 0:21

I do not believe there would be a word that everyone could agree upon as the word 「イケメン」 itself is pretty new.

If you are looking for a new word, we have 「イケジョ」 even though it is not wide-spread yet.

More common (and traditional) words include: [美人]{びじん}、[美女]{びじょ}、べっぴん、べっぴんさん, etc. All are safe choices.

「かわいこちゃん」(with only one い) was a very common word when I was growing up, but it feels kinda retro now.

You could say (and we do often say) 「きれいな人」 though it is not one word.

| improve this answer | |

Because it just means "good looking / handsome man" the female version will be 美人 (bijin) meaning "pretty women".

Maybe your also interested into the fairly newly created words デキ女 (dekijo) and デキ男 (dekidan) for a more characterwise coolness in the sense of someone who is successful f.e. in job.

| improve this answer | |
    There also is モテ女 and モテ男 for further research, if you're interested. – dinogeist May 26 '15 at 23:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.