I am writing a recipe in Japanese. The excerpt is given as follows.



フライパンに「the contents of the bowl」を入れて、5分ぐらい炒める。

The contents of the bowl is the mixed ingredients. What is the correct pronoun to replace "the contents of the bowl"? Is there a single word for it?

  • 3
    +1 but ボウル > 丼. 丼 is used for serving food, not preparing. Even if some people will actually use a 丼 to cook this, we still would not expect the word to appear in the recipe. I will not mention the untidy use of three と's in the first sentence. 「と」 is way overrated in Japanese-as-a-foreign-language.
    – user4032
    May 26, 2015 at 12:18
  • One correction: 持{も}つ→待{ま}つ
    – user224579
    May 26, 2015 at 18:17

1 Answer 1


混ぜた材料を - To be explicit about what you are referring to

And just regarding the rest of your sentence - 丼 → ボール and 1分 (don't need the っ)

  • btw. especially in recipes 混ぜ合わせた材料 is used far more often than 混ぜた材料.
    – dinogeist
    May 26, 2015 at 23:19

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .