A translation question for ya :) I'm in need of the word for "form". In this case it is a form on a webpage a user fills out to answer survey questions ("how did you think you did? did you enjoy it?"). We have a form generator - we can make many forms like these to present to the user. But I am unsure as to which word to use.

My candidates are: フォーム (easy!)

態 e.g. 事業態

書類 (document)

Which is correct for this scenario?


It sounds like you're describing an アンケート. This is from French enquête, and I think it's usually translated into English as 'questionnaire' or 'survey'.

If you mean a technical term for the actual HTML <form> element, then I think that would just be フォーム like you said.

  • No not the technical term (but nice that you considered that). Yes a questionnaire! Would アンケート work then? May 20 '15 at 15:43
  • 2
    Yes, we say for example Googleフォームでアンケートを作ろう!
    – naruto
    May 20 '15 at 15:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.