A translation question for ya :) I'm in need of the word for "form". In this case it is a form on a webpage a user fills out to answer survey questions ("how did you think you did? did you enjoy it?"). We have a form generator - we can make many forms like these to present to the user. But I am unsure as to which word to use.

My candidates are: フォーム (easy!)

態 e.g. 事業態

書類 (document)

Which is correct for this scenario?

1 Answer 1


It sounds like you're describing an アンケート. This is from French enquête, and I think it's usually translated into English as 'questionnaire' or 'survey'.

If you mean a technical term for the actual HTML <form> element, then I think that would just be フォーム like you said.

  • No not the technical term (but nice that you considered that). Yes a questionnaire! Would アンケート work then? Commented May 20, 2015 at 15:43
  • 2
    Yes, we say for example Googleフォームでアンケートを作ろう!
    – naruto
    Commented May 20, 2015 at 15:46

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .